Thursday, January 6, 2011

Have you Seen This???

So, here we are, a new year!  My husband and I were watching something on TV last week about folks discussing their resolutions and how, this year, they would do things differently.  My husband made a valid point. “It’s just another day” he said.  “If you didn’t do it on December 31, what makes you think you will do it on January 1?”  I thought, yes, that’s probably true, so rather than make some grand proclamation about this or that and what I plan to change, I will just simply say I hope that I can be a better blogger in 2011.  Okay, now that I have that out of the way, let’s get moving!

I have been compiling things that I happen upon in magazines, on the internet or otherwise.  I would like to share these things that I think are innovative, fun or just plain cool.  Hope you enjoy!   Here’s the first…

As I am often referred to as the “monogram queen” what I saw in the December issue of Southern Living Magazine was very exciting for me and just simply put a smile on my faceSouthern Proper Monogram 1-5-11.  Flipping through the first couple of pages, I saw it- custom monograms attached to beautifully wrapped Christmas gifts!  What a novel idea.  I thought “this is the kind of thing that makes gift-giving extra special!”  I jumped up and ran to my computer to do a quick search for “Southern Proper Monograms”  Check it out: www.southernpropermonograms.com

Southern Proper Monograms, by “Mark it with a "B” is a company that makes custom, wooden monograms.  The monograms come in different sizes and font styles.  In addition to the large monogram (seen in the wreath above) the company also offers individual letters.  Your monogram arrives to you in unfinished wood so that you can further personalize with the color of your choice. 

I was so excited to receive my little surcie;  I opened it up like a little kid!  I couldn’t stand it until I got outside, spray paint in hand, to complete the little Christmas gift to myself. Southern Proper Monogram 1-3-11 Once painted, I happily placed the monogram on the mirror over my fireplace.  I stood back and said, “Gosh, it’s just the simple things in life that make me smile!”  Josh, my husband, chimed in and said “Well, I really got jipped…I could have gotten out much cheaper for Christmas had I known a wooden monogram would please you so much!”  After receiving “the look” he kindly disappeared…Ha!!

I have great plans for my little monogram.  It will be proudly displayed this Spring on my front door, in a fresh lime green, I am sure!  Can’t wait!

Stay tuned for more fun things….

No comments:

Post a Comment