Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Have You Seen This?

After being in Atlanta for the Winter Gift and Home Furnishings Market over the past couple of days, I feel as if I have seen everything, but I did come across these simple, fun little items from a company called “Tokyo Milk.”  Check out their website and do some exploring for yourself:  www.tokyomilk.com

Tokyo Milk honey and the moon-tubeTokyo Milk Bee Soap No. 82

If you have read any of my previous blogs, you know that I love bees, so when I saw these items on the Tokyo Milk website I had to include them in this week’s “HYST?”  (Have You Seen This?)  The hand creme is called “Honey and the Moon” and the soap is called “Bee Soap No. 82.”  I love the packing and the clever naming of the products.

grey hares

The company also carries stationary, which has been and will probably always be close to my heart.  The lettering reads:  “Don’t fret about a couple of ‘ol gray hares!  Happy Birthday!”  Again, how clever.  I also love the old style typesetting and the graphics are great too!Tokyo Milk Staccato mini soap no. 13At the Atlanta Market, birds were everywhere so I just had to  share one of the soaps in the Tokyo Milk mini soap collection- “Staccato Mini Soap No. 13.” I love the colorful portrayal of the birds on the soap’s packaging.  To me, it’s little things such as a product’s stylish  packing  that both set it apart from other items and make me want to buy it!   Think about that as you are out on your next shopping trip.  Keep your eyes peeled for the bright, or “pretty packaged” items and how they seem to stand out.  That’s how they reel us in to drop that pretty little thing into our shopping cart!  No matter if it’s the soap for your dishwasher, a candle for your home or the colors and design on pack of chewing gum.  Companies are forever trying to find ways to make you say “I want that!”  Be conscious of this the next time you are shopping- does packaging influence you??  Things that make you hmmmm….

No comments:

Post a Comment