Saturday, October 16, 2010

Happy Saturday!

I said in the last post that I would be blogging a little each day….that was Tuesday…today is Saturday….Point made and proven!!!

I had a very busy week.  I am continuing a project with a client that has been going on for about 3 months now.  We are gearing up for another round of window treatments and furniture.  It has been a great project and I am very pleased with the way things are coming together.  I am also very thankful to have such a large project at a time when the economy is so sluggish.  God is good!

I am also preparing for the Southern Christmas show.  It’s hard to believe it is already that time again.  I have decided to go in a very different direction this year.  I am steering away from the whimsical lime green, red and white, of which I have used over the past couple of years.  I have to admit it is hard for me to wander from this color combo.  To me, it is so much fun and truly represents  Christmas.  But, I think it is important for people to know that I can accommodate many different tastes and styles.  I never want to back myself into a “one kind of style” corner!  I hope my space is well-received.  I am looking forward to meeting new people, seeing old friends, and ushering in another Holiday season! 

The project list continues as I get my shop spruced up for the Season.  Ornaments, ribbon, wreaths and garlands have been arriving daily!  I will be preparing for my “After Hours Christmas Open House” coming up on Tuesday October 26 and Thursday October 28.  Choose  your night, show up around 7:00pm and have a fun night out with the girls!  And, of coarse, I will have some goodies to nibble on as you choose your special Christmas treasures!

As I have been typing away, my husband and his brother have disappeared off to Linville Gorge for a day hike.  I am sure the scenic views and the quiet wilderness will offer them a day of much enjoyment.  I, on the other hand, am enjoying sitting on my sofa, finishing my last sips of coffee, peering out the back door at the sunshine and completing a blog…Ahhh.  I am relishing the moment, as I know it will soon be time to get my elf suit back on and head back into the workshop!

No comments:

Post a Comment