Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Have You Seen This?

Hello!  Hope this day finds you with a smile!  We have had such wonderful weather over the past several days that it is hard for me NOT to smile!

As you may know, if you have followed any of my blogs, I am a monogram fanatic!  I don’t care what it is- napkins, pillow cases, or jewelry, I love a crisp, clean monogram!!  (My husband refers to me as the “Monogram Queen!”) But,  do you know the reasons behind monogramming?  Historically, a monogram was used as a royal signature.  The Romans and Greeks used them on coins to identify their rulers. Then, in the Middle Ages, artisans began to use them to sign their work. Victorian-period high-class persons adapted the monogram for personal use as a symbol of their place in society. (Thanks to carvedsolutions.com for the information!)

 monogram soapsBecause of my love for the “initialed,” I had to include these beautiful soaps I recently found.  Yes, I know, who hasn’t seen monogrammed soaps?  But these are so elegantly done and have a beautiful smell as well.   I could not let the  chance go by an d not share.  And, just a reminder, these make wonderful gifts for that hard-to-buy one on your list!  Please visit carvedsolutions.com to take a peek at not only their monogrammed soaps, but also their monogrammed candles!

Okay, this next item caused me to let out one of those Southern expressions that I miss hearing my grandmother say- “Well, I potpourri fireplace starterswanee!”  Since Spring is on the way,  we will not be needing one of these smart little objects much longer, but it is something I will look forward to using next winter…The potpourri Fireplace Starter!  You can light a fire with this and this alone!  No wood required!  And the best part???  It smells good too!!  The Potpourri Fireplace Starter is available through lafcony.com  for $40.00.

Need a conversation starter at your next soiree or girl”s night?  These heavy paper Pill Coasters are sure to get the laughs going!  From fishseddy.com,  they come in sets of 12 for 4 bucks!  Talk about bang for your buck!  Enjoy!

 

 

 

 

 

Chat with you next week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment